Designer: Jasper Morrison
TEXTURE AND COLOURS
A tray with minimalist lines, designed by Jasper Morrison. Surface granulation and a rich black tone enhance this object's simple shapes, for a uniquely elegant table.
Granulation is a specific finish applied to the metal surface, which reinterprets an ancient goldsmithing technique with an industrial twist. The arrangement of the granules follows a geometric order generated by the Fibonacci sequence, named after the Italian mathematician who identified the numerical code behind the Golden Ratio, one of the main principles that governs shapes in nature. Enriched by its granulation, this round tray is further enhanced by the colour black.
Round tray in steel coloured with epoxy resin, black with relief decoration.
Tradition and experimentation for an “extra-ordinary” project. The “ExtraOrdinaryMetal” collection brings together the manufacturing expertise of Alessi and quintessential elements of Italian culture, exploring exciting new definitions of metallic surfaces. Brass, a malleable material used by the company since the 1930s, has been chosen to offer an industrial take on a refined, ancient goldsmith's technique: Etruscan granulation. Obtained through a cold milling process, the granulation is applied to a miscellaneous series of projects, creating a lavish interaction with light, for gleaming surfaces capable of enhancing complex shapes as well as pure, simple lines. The arrangement of the “granules” follows a geometric order generated by the Fibonacci sequence, named after the Italian mathematician who identified the numerical code behind the Golden Ratio, one of the principles that govern shapes in nature.
Characteristics / Suggested use.
- Made in brass, an intriguing material inextricably linked to Alessi's great manufacturing tradition.
- The surface granulation is obtained through the cold milling of the brass.
- The pattern follows a geometric arrangement generated by the Fibonacci sequence, which identifies the numerical code behind the golden ratio, producing a continuous, timeless harmony
- The material and decorative technique employed enhance the surface of the objects, transforming them into precious objects for the home
- The clear polyester varnish finish protects the brass from the natural oxidation process
- The protective coating makes the objects suitable for contact with foodstuffs
- For cleaning, use a soft cloth and avoid the use of abrasive products
- Any slight variations in colour and finish are a natural feature of the material and the artisan production process, which makes each item unique and inimitable
L 35cm W 35cm H 3cm